Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Olive Lemon Garlic Chicken

I found this amazing recipe from my paleo cookbook. I loved it so much I had to share. I think this would be so good over a risotto or if you add mushrooms. I'm defiantly trying that next time. Enjoy!

4 chicken breasts
4 fresh lemons squeezed
2 tsp minced garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
2-3 small onions sliced
2 tbsp fresh thyme
1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
1 can olives sliced 
2 fresh lemons sliced 
Ground pepper

*Heat oil and brown chicken. Set aside. 
*Saute onions until soft and slightly brown. Add garlic and cook for a couple minutes. 
*Add broth, lemon juice, and thyme. Simmer for a few minutes. Add chicken and simmer for 5 minutes. 
*Transfer chicken and broth to a baking dish and cover. Bake for 20 minutes at 350. 
*Add olives and lemon slices and cook uncovered for another 20 minutes. 
*Spinkle with ground pepper and serve. 




No comments:

Post a Comment