Friday, October 24, 2014

Last nights Mexi style dinner


WLast nights dinner was so quick to throw together. I know I love quick easy meals. Especially when I have a hungry household and I'm running late from work or errands!  Hopefully you find this just as yummy and easy as I did 😃.

 
The bbq chicken was the first thing to fix on the menu. I took chicken pieces and marinated them in bbq sauce ( I used Stubbs ) I then added paprika, garlic  salt, Montreal steak seasoning and a pinch of cumin. I hardly ever measure, so all the seasonings were equivalent to about 1/2 tsp. After mixing everything I cooked the chicken for 30 min at 350 F. 


As the chicken was cooking, I chopped and sauted red peppers and onions in a bit of olive oil and sprinkled with white pepper. I love white pepper because it has a nice bite and a little goes a long way. 


Rice and beans came next and they were so easy. For the rice I have found microwaveable rice pouches at my local grocery store. My favorite is the fried brown rice. I also mix a brown rice quino mix as well. I then add about a cup of corn and peas. This was my hubs favorite part of the meal 😍. 


Beans are so easy to make. I used red beans tonight. Black are my favorite but I didn't have anymore. After rinsing the beans I added a small can of green chiles. It gave the beans flavor without having to add salt or seasonings. 

After fixing everything, but the chicken was ready as well. This whole meal prep and cooking took me 30 min! Here is the finished product. Hope you all enjoy it! 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment